Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Monday, May 23, 2011
Friday, May 20, 2011
- arrival of first child;
- upcoming vacation to distant location;
- sudden death of family or friend that resulted in difficulties for survivors.
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Kirstie Turner added, “One quote that that always remains with me and which I say time and again is from Dame Cicely Saunders – ‘How people die remains in the memory of those who live on’.If you live in Wisconsin, you can put your wishes for death on paper by completing:
- Power of Attorney for Health Care;
- Declaration to Physicians; and
- Authorization for Final Disposition.
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
I want to emphasize, this does not mean Boogaard died of complications of a concussion. It's just a selfless act by the Boogaards, who believe in these researchers who are trying to raise awareness when it comes to brain trauma.
"Derek loved sports and obviously in particular hockey, so we believe Derek would have liked to assist with research on a matter that had affected him later on in his career," Ryan Boogaard said
Right now, the cause of death of Boogaard is unknown and won't be known for at least a few weeks once test results and toxicology reports are back at the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office.
Boogaard's funeral will be in Regina, Saskatchewan, although the date is not yet known.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
"Some physicians resist advance care planning out of concern that addressing these issues will rob patients of much-needed hope, Mr. Hozella said. "There is also concern that advance directive documents are poor representations of patients' values and goals, and hence are often not useful for dealing with complex medical decisions that may arise during end-of-life care.
"We've found that a computer-based decision aid can help patients learn about and work through key issues in end-of-life planning, generate an advance directive document that accurately reflects their wishes for end-of-life care, and do so in a way that does not diminish their sense of hope," he said. "This decision aid was designed to address the advance care planning needs of patients, regardless of their medical condition.
"The present study shows that patients with COPD are among those who will benefit from the use of this CDA," he added. "These findings should encourage clinicians, patients and patients' families to use our computer-based decision aid to engage in effective advance care planning."
Monday, May 16, 2011
- May 19th, 2-6pm;
- May 20th, 10-2; and
- May 21st, 9-1.
Friday, May 13, 2011
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
- Hybrid, which allow burials without anything to protect the casket, and accepts uncremated bodies.
- Natural Burial Grounds, which prohibit bodies embalmed with toxic chemicals, any features such as vault lids that would retard decomposition, any caskets not made of a natural material, and the grounds must be designed to maintain a natural appearance.
- Conservation Burial Grounds, which “must protect in perpetuity an area of land specifically and exclusively designated for conservation.