Monday, April 15, 2013

IRS Flowers on Tax Day

This past April my family took traveled to Washington, D.C. for a few days.  While exploring the city I once called home, we walked past the Internal Revenue Service Building.  I quipped, I wonder if they have a drop box....I'd kind of like to pay our taxes in person.  Joking of course, but when looking around I spotted these lovelies and knew I need an image to share here, today, tax day 2013.

IRS Flowers, DC, M. Gustafson Gervasi, 2013

And since the focus of my writing is education on the issues of illness, death and taxes for the middle class, I offer you a link to a very useful article.  The 11 things you pay tax on that might surprise you.  Educational fees surprised a client of mine this past week; they are tax free if paid to the institution only.  Paying kids directly, for fees they paid a decade ago does not count.  And number 2 is one I see far too often, people add loved ones to the deed of a home or a bank account, and bam, they've made a gift.  Often a taxable gift.

Read, question, read more.  Taxes are not easy, but they are a part of life.  So stop, enjoy the flowers and find something uplifting on this day, a heavy day for many.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Thanks for aa great read