Friday, June 28, 2013

Team for the AHA Heart Walk

Once again I will be participating in the annual American Heart Walk.  This year the event for Southwestern Wisconsin will be held the morning of October 5th at the lovely Warner Park.  My hope is not to walk alone, but with a team formed through my law office.  Those interested in walking with us, or making a donation, can visit our team page on the AHA.

Why walk?  Heart disease is the number one killer of women in the United States.  It nearly claimed the life of my mother in 1991, when she was 47 years old.  Thanks to medications, treatments, and a pacemaker her two decade struggle continues.  And every year it seems someone else in my circle of family and friends falls victim to heart disease and or stroke, with this past year bringing my father-in-law near the brink with congestive heart failure.  He is still here, stronger than ever, thanks to outstanding cardiac care.

So for my family, friends, clients, and myself.....I pledge to walk and fundraise once again.

Have a lovely weekend!

No comments: