Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Financial Book Focusing on Widows

Sadly, I have helped several clients recently who have lost their husbands. The ages of the widows range from 32 to 63, but the issues they face are similar:
  • what to do with life insurance payouts;
  • handling a spouses retirement account - roll it over or cash it out;
  • whether to stay in the home;
  • hiring an accountant because the spouse had always done their taxes; and
  • ensuring there will be enough assets to see them through retirement.
A family member has recommended that I take a look at a new book, Moving Forward on Your Own: A Financial Guidebook for Widows by Kathleen Rehl. I have not yet read the book, but it is one that I will put on my list of "to-read".

I wonder if any of my readers have come across this book or other books that would be a good resource for widows?

No comments: