- what to do with life insurance payouts;
- handling a spouses retirement account - roll it over or cash it out;
- whether to stay in the home;
- hiring an accountant because the spouse had always done their taxes; and
- ensuring there will be enough assets to see them through retirement.
A family member has recommended that I take a look at a new book, Moving Forward on Your Own: A Financial Guidebook for Widows by Kathleen Rehl. I have not yet read the book, but it is one that I will put on my list of "to-read".
I wonder if any of my readers have come across this book or other books that would be a good resource for widows?