Image credit: www.sxc.hu - free image
Personally I find this to be a great way to share the life of my father, who died in 2009 when my son was a year old and before my daughter was born. My children will only know their maternal grandfather through me, and today is a day I can:
- cook one of his favorite meals;
- watch a favorite TV show or movie;
- look at photo albums from my youth;
- tell one of his favorite jokes; or
- scatter some bird seed on his grave (he so loved feeding the birds).
How about you? What things do you do to celebrate a loved one who has parted? Thanks for reading, and I'll be back tomorrow with more thoughts on the topic of illness, death and taxes for the middle class.