Monday, October 19, 2020

What I've Been Reading: Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? Big questions from tiny mortal about death

What I've Been Reading: Will My Cat East My Eyeballs? Big questions from tiny mortal about death

Written by Caitlin Doughty


What do you get when you combine kids' questions about death with a mortician -- Will My Cat East My Eyeballs? Big questions from tiny mortal about death.  This quick read consists of just over 30 questions posed my kids along with Doughty's answer.  Most of the Q&As run about 3 to 4 pages long, and are written in a cheeky manner.

Questions range from the very macabre to pure silly:

      • When I die, will my cat eat my eyeballs?
      • Will I poop when I die?
      • Can I use human bones from a cremation as jewelry?
Personally I found the blunt answers to questions disturbing, especially the description of cremation.  Both of my parents are deceased and I made the arrangements for their cremation.  I'd say the process is similar to sausages, I appreciate the end product but would prefer to be spared the details. 

If you enjoy movies or shows with forensic science or are an 8th grade science teacher, you may find this book to be enjoyable and or useful.  Or if you need a unique way to experience fright this Halloween, in the midst of a pandemic, this may be the book for you.


No comments: