Wednesday, September 21, 2011

American Heart Association Heart Walk - Madison, Wisconsin

For more years than I can remember, I will be lacing up my shoes to participate in the American Hearth Associations annual Heart Walk. Why? Advances in cardiovascular disease, medication, and research are the reason my mother is celebrating her 20th hearth attack survivor anniversary this year. It was my freshmen year of college, in the early Fall, when she went to the Emergency Room to find out she was having a heart attack. Her struggles have lasted two decades, and thanks to a pacemaker and state of the art drugs, her despite her cardiovascular disease progression, she has lived to enjoy walks with her grandchildren. Every dollar helps. If you'd like to sponsor my fundraising efforts, you can do so by making an on-line pledge.


No comments: