Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Perspective and George Straight - Here for a Good Time

I'm not sure when it happened, but all of a sudden I have a fondness for country music.  Maybe because my 30s are drawing to an end and 40 is coming on fast.  Maybe because I'm a parent and see the world in an entirely different light.  Maybe because I counsel clients on matters of illness, death and taxes.  And maybe it is a combination of all three.  Regardless, country music strikes a chord with me these days.

Recently, while driving to the office Here for a Good Time by George Straight came on the radio.  It was the first time I'd heard the song, and I had just learned about the death of a much liked law professor.  She was only 53 and left behind a teenage son.  That news rattled me.  But Straight's lyrics helped me put life in perspective.  And it put a smile on my face.  The following verse jumped out at me "folks are always dreaming about what they'd like to do but I like to do just what I like".



Wills, powers of attorney, trusts, probate -- they are all important and essential, but they are also heavy topics. If they are weighing on you, take a listen, it might help put a smile on your face.  You're still here, have a good time.

No comments: