Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy Winter Solstice, 2012

Dear Reader,

Today I pause and wish you a happy Winter Solstice.  December 21st marks the longest night, and shortest day of the year.  Starting tomorrow we will begin the journey towards summer, with ever increasing daylight and shortened evenings.

Today also marks the day my husband proposed, asking me to marry him on the Summer Solstice.  It is a warm and tender day in my heart, and marks the beginning of a break from my legal work.  I will be back on January 2nd with more thoughts on illness, death and taxes for the middle class.

And now I am off to enjoy winter bonfires, slow cooked family dinners, warm beverages, nature walks with my kids, and gatherings with friends and family.

I appreciate your interest in my posts, and wish you a relaxing and joyous end to 2012.

Best wishes,
Melinda

Image credit: www.sxc.hu - free image

No comments: