Friday, April 1, 2011

Organizing Your Will and Other Documents

My type A personality is a great asset when it comes to my profession. What comes naturally to me, organization, does not come all that naturally to many of my clients. Here is one idea that may help the organizationally challenged get things under control -- a 3-ring binder.

I have a 3-ring binder with subject dividers. Instead of saying "Math", "Science", and "History", mine say:
  • Power of Attorney for Finance;
  • Power of Attorney for Health Care;
  • Will;
  • Beneficiary Forms;
  • Instructions; and
  • Important People to Contact
I then insert the appropriate documents behind each divider. Instant organization which will make any updates you do far easier. And, should a sudden illness or death occur, my power of attorney or personal representative can pick up the binder and have everything they need at his/her finger tips.

Organization -- it goes a long way!

No comments: