- hold the sale in a high traffic area (busy road, ask a community center or church or school to donate space for the sale);
- skip the pricing and simply ask people to make donations....it is for charity;
- see if a local bagel shop or bakery will donate food to sell, or ask friends to bake items for sale;
- sell brown garbage bags for $8 or $10 and allow people to fill them up for that price;
- in the last 2 hours slash prices by 50% or more (if you are pricing);
- have literature on hand about the charitable organization your are raising funds for;
- offer a way for people to make a direct donation to the non-profit (i.e. computer on hand for on-line pledges);
- hold the sale in conjunction with another event associated with the cause, such as its annual 5k; and
- have a donation center lined up for items that do not sell.
Have an idea I missed? Post a comment and share.