Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Family Says Death Unexpected....

Last week I found myself once again climbing Bascom Hill to the University of Wisconsin Law School.  Learning was on my agenda. The class was not for a semester, but part of the week long 41st Annual Estate Planning in Depth (ALI-ABA).  An entertaining lawyer named Eric A. Manterfield (Indiana) started the day off with an amusing news report.
"Worlds oldest person, 118 Russian man dies.  Family says death unexpected."
Unexpected?  Death is something none of us will escape.  There is no time better than the present to put affairs in order.  And because death is often an event stretched out over days, weeks or months, consider the importance of creating powers of attorney, both for health care as well as finance.

Sadly I left the session without being able to ask my question....did the 118 man have a will?   A follow-up email will be sent to the speaker.

Image credit:  www.sxc.hu - free image

No comments: