Monday, June 11, 2012

World Wide Knit in Public Day Creates Charitable Donations

Image credit:   www.sxc.hu - free image

Charitable donations do not always come in the form of money, as illustrated by this creative community in California.  As part of World Wide Knit in Public Day, knitters of varying skill will create items for donation to local charities.  Think caps for newborns, prayer shawls, and scarves for the homeless.  News like this puts a smile on my face.

Personally, I am not a skilled knitter.  I know one basic stitch and that is it.  But it is enough to turn yarn into scarves that I then donate to a local program for homeless children.  A K.I.P. is not scheduled for my part of the world, but I still think I am going to try and organize a group of friends for coffee, knitting, and some donations.  The event starts June 9th and goes until the 17th.

Charitable giving does not always involve a visit to your attorney or CPA, creating a trust, or other elaborate measures.  Think outside of the box.  Wonderful things can happen.


No comments: