Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Marriage Equivalency Project Blog

I love it when new and interesting things pop into my life, especially when those new things are in the written form.  Yesterday I found a link on a friend's Facebook page about a new blog.  Not written by attorneys, it aims to chronicle the marriage of a man and women, and explore the inequality that would result if the authors were a same-sex couple.  The posts are just beginning on The Marriage Equivalency Project blog, but I'm eager to see what they experience.  They say "we have a lot to learn about federal, state, and local" laws related to marriage.  Yes, they do.  I restrained myself and only left one comment -- about how the estate tax credit is denied to same-sex couples that have a legally recognized marriage.

No comments: