Friday, January 4, 2013

Increase in "Green" Cemetaries

Image credit: www.sxc.hu - free image

Earlier in the week I blogged about the top 13 resolutions of 2013.  Number -- was about reduce, reuse and recycle.  From which I wonder, how many are willing to opt for a greener burial than what has been the most recent tradition?

As noted in this story by Minnesota public radio, the number for green cemeteries or cemeteries that offer a more green option, is increasing in the United States.  My guess is that the increase was likely driven by the combination of more environmentally aware consumers as well as motivation to spend a little less on the cost of a funeral.

How about you?  Does this idea appeal to you?  If so, please share your thoughts.  Many of my clients want to learn more about the option, and that is why I have materials related to the Farley Center (Verona, Wisconsin) located in the waiting room of my office.

Thanks for reading, and I will be back next week with more thoughts on illness, death and taxes for the middle class.

No comments: