Thursday, January 17, 2013

Quote by Albert Pike...

Inspiring words have a special place in my heart, and at the moment those related to a charitable life are at the top of the list.  Raising children, writing a book on how the middle class can be philanthropic, and reflecting on what the world might be like in 100 years all underscore my focus on charitable works.  Toss in my attitude of anyone can make a difference, and you'll understand why the following quote jumped off the page at me:

"What we have done for ourselves alone, dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains immortal". - Albert Pike
I'm curious -- for those interested in living a charitable life, have you included a cause in your end of life paperwork?

Image credit:  www.sxc.hu - free image

No comments: