Thursday, January 10, 2013

Winter Re-writes of Middle Class Philanthropist

Take 2!  January 2013 is devoted to my re-writing the draft of my upcoming book, The Middle Class Philanthropist: How anyone can leave a legacy.  Circling in my mind are stories of simple gifts that made a difference, tax advantages and legal definitions, and the positive health impacts attributed to being a generous person.  In the mix of it all are a few quotes I will highlight in the book.  One of my favorites is below.  Philanthropy, it is not just for the mega-rich.  

"Philanthropy flows from a loving heart, not an overstuffed pocketbook." - Douglas Lawson

Do you have a favorite quote about living a philanthropic life or have a story to share?  If so, please leave a comment.  And thanks for reading!

No comments: